MLS Soccer Ball Floor Pillow
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 ½ Yds. MLS Fleece – Pillow Back & Logos
- 1 Yd. White Fleece – Pillow Front
- 2 Lbs. Polyfil
- 3 Yds. – 3/8” Black Cotton Covered Piping with Lip
- 1 ½ Yds. Peltex 805 Wonder-under
- Sewing Machine
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Zipper or Cording Foot
- Disappearing Ink Pen
- Clear Plastic Ruler
- Pencil & Piece of String
- 1 - 12” x 18” Sheet Template Plastic or Tracing Paper
- To make the circle, fold one piece of white fleece in half and in half again. Tie a pencil to a piece of string. Tack the end of the string to the corner fold and draw 14 ½’ quarter around the outer edge of the fabric. Repeat with MLS fleece.
- Cut 6 Team logos approximately 9” x 9”, centering the emblem. Cut 6 pieces of Wonder-under the same size.
- Following the manufacturer’s directions, iron the wonder-under to the wrong side of the team logos.
- Trace the pentagon pattern on to either a clear plastic template sheet or tracing paper and cut out.
- Place the template over the logo on the right side of the fabric, centering it. Trace around each logo and cut out each one. Peel the paper backing off of the logos.
- Find the center of the white fleece circle and center 1 logo onto it. Iron in place.
- Use the clear ruler and draw a line from each point of center logo to the edge of the circle, lining up the edge of the ruler with the straight edge of the pentagon.
- On each line drawn, center the bottom edge of a pentagon at the outer edge of the circle. The opposite point is also on the line. Iron the pentagons in place.
- Use the satin stitch on your machine and stitch the lines from the point of the center pentagon to the points on the outer of the pentagons.
- Draw lines from the side points of the outer pentagons to attach them all. Satin stitch on these lines.
- Use a zipper or cording foot to stitch the piping around the outer edge of the pillow. Line up the raw edge of the piping with the raw outer edge of the pillow placing the ends over one another at the meeting point.
- With right sides together stitch the pillow front to the back, leaving a 6” opening for turning.
- Turn right side out and stuff. Hand stitch the opening closed.
Enjoy the following related projects: