Mod Decoupage Keepsake Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper mache box
- 8 oz Plaid Mod Podge matte finish
- Plaid FolkArt paint: Apple Orchard
- Scrapbook paper, 2 sheets each: Peppermint Rain Drops, Green Croc, My Girl Geo Floral
- Green grosgrain ribbon
- Love tags Soft Spoken
- Five 1" wood ball knobs
- Sponge brush
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Basecoat all 5 knobs, sides of lid and bottom of box with Apple Orchard paint. Allow to dry. Repeat.
- Tear pieces of paper in different shapes & sizes.
- Use sponge brush to apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to back of 1 piece & place on the box, smoothing out air bubble with fingers. Repeat until box is completely covered with overlapping pieces of paper. Allow to dry.
- On back of Peppermint Rain Drops paper, trace around lid. Cut out circle and use Mod Podge to apply to top of lid. Apply coat of Mod Podge over the entire box and lid. Allow to dry.
- Hot glue 4 knobs to the bottom of the box. Hot glue the 5th to the top of the lid as a handle.
- Hot glue ribbon trim around the bottom of the box & sides of the lid.
- Embellish with tags.