Mod Podge Vintage Styrofoam Head
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Styrofoam™ head
- Mod Podge® Matte
- FolkArt® Home Decor Sheepskin
- 3/4” flat brush
- Old book
- Natural linen fabric
- Assortment of ribbons in tans, brown, creams
- 1” ribbon: cream, brown
- Small wooden beads
- Brown clay pot & saucer
- 4 green floral wires
- Wire cutters
- Needle & thread
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
1. Tear pages from an old book into strips and then pieces.
2. Apply to head with Mod Podge®. Allow to dry.
3. Paint around the bottom with the chalk paint to cover bottom edge.
4. Take two of the green floral wires and bend at the ends and then hook together. Repeat with the other two wires. Starting at the middle where they are connected, start twisting together to make a longer piece of wire to wrap around the head. Wrap around the head and trim excess with wire cutters.
5. Cut strips of ribbon and fabric and tie around the wire covering the entire wire.
6. Cut an 18” piece of the cream ribbon and hand sew a running stitch. Pull the thread to gather the ribbon to form a rose. Hot glue the rose at the bottom where it gathers. Repeat two more times.
7. Hot glue the roses to the wire in between the strips of ribbon and fabric.
8. Cut a 5” piece of the brown ribbon. Loop it into a circle. Hold the end pieces where overlapped with middle finger and thumb. Twist the ends while holding until the fold becomes a leaf shape. Hot glue together. Trim with scissors and hot glue under the roses. Make two leaves for each flower.
9. Glue the saucer and pot together with hot glue. Glue the head to the saucer. Wrap a piece of twine around the bottom.
10. Tie a brown ribbon around the neck.