Model Magic Penguin
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola® Model Magic®: white, black and Jewelry Craft Pack
- Wooden dowel for rolling
- Toothpick for creating texture
1. Roll one 1½" diameter ball of black for head and one 2¼" diameter ball of white for body between your hands.
2. Flatten and roll the black ball to a 1/8" thick slab.
3. Place the black slab around the white body; shaping ball into taller, more oval body shape.
4. Place head on the body.
5. Form hat shape from pink.
6. Roll a rope shape from pink and wrap around hat to create a brim.
7. Place hat on body; use toothpick to create lines on hat brim.
8. Use a small amount of white to form a ball for top of hat.
9. Place ball on hat; use toothpick to create texture on ball.
10. Roll a 9" rope of pink and flatten to 1/2" wide for scarf.
11. Wrap scarf around neck and cross over in front; use toothpick to create fringe on the ends of the scarf.
12. Mix equal parts red and yellow together to make orange for beak and feet.
13. Roll two 1/2" balls for feet.
14. Place feet under body and use toothpick to make lines for toes.
15. Form beak from small amount of orange; place in position.
16. Form eyes with small amount of white and black; press into position.
17. Follow manufacturer’s directions and allow to dry.