Modern Easter Topiary
- Rock vase
- 1 block floral foam
- Curly willow branches
- 8" ball Styrofoam™ brand foam
- Hot glue gun, glue sticks
- Serrated knife
- Wire cutters
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
1. Cut floral foam with a serrated knife to fit snuggly inside the rock vase. Fill gaps with foam scraps.
2. Push the twig with the largest base into the center of the foam. Surround it with additional twigs, slightly bowed, to create the base for the foam ball. Remove the twigs, taking note of their positions.
3. Cover the top of the foam with moss. Cut moss slightly bigger then the foam. Hot glue the moss to the foam, tucking it between the vase and foam for a finished edge. Poke holes in the moss for the twigs. Add hot glue to each hole & push the twigs back into the foam.
4. Cut the flowers and some leaves from their stems using wire cutters or scissors. Glue the flowers and leaves to completely cover the foam ball.
5. Place the flower ball in the center of the twigs. Cut down a twig and add it to the base foam directly under the ball, then push the ball down onto that center twig.
6. Add twigs to the top of the topiary. Use photo as guide. Trim twigs.