Mom Wooden Letters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ready-to-finish wood letters, M, O, M
- Paint: orange & yellow
- Brushes: 1/2" flat, 1/4" angular shader
- Yellow daisy stem
- Green glitter cardstock
- Orange cardstock for tag
- Scrapbook paper scraps in coordinating colors for flower center
- Circle punches
- Zots™ self-adhesive 3D dots
- Aleene’s® Original Tacky Glue®
- Rub-on or hand printed alphabet letters
- Curved line ruler
- Corner rounder, optional
- Orange embroidery floss
- Spray gloss varnish
- Hole punch
1. Paint all letters orange. Let dry. Apply as many coats as necessary for good coverage.
2. Paint just the top surface yellow. Let dry. Apply as many coats as necessary for good coverage. Spray with gloss varnish.
3. Cut a tag shape from orange cardstock and round the corners. Punch a hole and tie on embroidery floss. Hand print LOVE or use rub-on alphabet letters.
4. On the back of green glitter cardstock, draw a stem using the curved line ruler as a guide. Cut out. Cut two leaves freehand. Glue the leaves and the stem to the first M in the word MOM.
5. Disassemble the daisy stem so 2 layers of petals remain. Punch a large hole from green glitter cardstock and a smaller hole from coordinating scrapbook paper. Glue the green circle to the daisy center. Attach the smaller circle with a Zots™ self-adhesive 3D dot. Glue all to the top of the stem.
6. When glue is dry, tie on the LOVE tag.