Mommy’s Favorite Flower Pot
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Clay or Paper Mache flower pot
- Gesso spray paint
- Oil pastel crayons
- Non-toxic poster paint
- Small paintbrush
- Plant of your choice
- Potting soil
- Spray fixative
1. Wipe pot clean – remove all dust.
2. Spray pot with gesso spray paint – no need to paint the interior of the pot if using for planting.
3. Allow paint to fully dry – approximately 3-4 hours.
4. Paint the rim of the pot with the poster paint color of choice using paintbrush.
5. Allow rim to dry to the touch.
6. Decorate the body of the pot with poster paints.
7. Allow pot to fully dry.
8. Spray decorated area of the pot with a coat of fixative.
9. Fill the pot with a potting soil mix. (If using a Paper Mache pot, protect your pot by lining it with a plastic bag before use.)
10. Transplant your favorite herbs or flowers into the pot.