Monkey Business Cupcake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies
- Camo Blue standard baking cups
- Standard muffin pan
- 10" x 14"cooling grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing — 4.5 lb.
- Leaf Green Icing Color
- 9" angled spatula
- Cake decorating tip 233
- 12" disposable decorating bags
- 9" fondant roller
- Dark Green Candy Melts candy
- 15" parchment triangles
- Monkey/Banana icing decorations
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
- Spice drops
- Granulated sugar
- Pretzel sticks
1. Bake cupcakes in baking cups. Allow to cool completely.
2. Tint a portion of decorator icing green. Use a spatula and green icing to ice top of cupcake smooth.
3. Make grass. Use tip 233, a disposable decorating bag and green icing to cover top of cupcake with pull-out grass.
4. Create tree: Use the fondant roller to roll out spice drops on granulated sugar-covered countertop. Cut six leaves each 1" long using scissors. Melt dark green Candy Melts candy following package directions. Use melted green Candy Melts candy and cut parchment bag to attach leaves to pretzel stick. Allow to cool in refrigerator until set.
5. Insert tree into cupcake top. Position monkey icing decoration.
Project Tip: Need more servings quick? Use a spatula and ice cupcakes smooth in green icing to match the party colors.