Monogram and Rose Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Canvas, 8” x 8”
- Paints: Light Aqua, Black, Gold Metallic, Green, 3 shades of Pink graduating from pale pink to burgundy
- 1/2” flat
1. Paint the entire canvas Light Aqua.
2. Mark off horizontal lines with a ruler and pencil. Paint alternating stripes Black.
3. Draw or trace desired monogram on the canvas. Paint monogram with Gold Metallic paint. (Note: Gold always looks richer with an undercoat of Pink or Red paint.)
4. To begin each rose, paint a medium pink ball for each. Paint in green leaves, stems and vines.
5. Rose centers: Load the flat brush with light pink at the top end of the bristles, medium at the center and burgundy at the bottom end. Blend the tones on the palette, and then paint an up-curving crescent for the top of the rose, and a down-curving crescent just under it. Repeat for each rose, having them angled in different directions.
6. Load the detail brush with light pink paint and make comma strokes to fill in the petals of the roses.
7. Using the handle end of the detail brush, create “dot” flowers as filler.