Monogram T-Shirt for Kids
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cutting Mat (18” x 24”)
- Softgrip® Pinking Shears (8”)
- Classic Stick Rotary Cutter (60 mm)
- Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5)
- Easy Action™ Rag Quilt Snip Scissors (No. 8)
- Assorted fabric
- Iron on batting
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Embroidery floss
- Buttons and bows
- Cotton T-shirt
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Print or draw monogram initial onto regular paper.
2. Use Fiskars® Classic Stick Rotary Cutter (60 mm) and Fiskars® Cutting Mat (18” x 24”) to cut strips of chosen fabric. Sew strips together to create swatch of fabric larger than the monogram.
3. Iron batting to the back of the fabric swatch.
4. Use Fiskars® Softgrip® Pinking Shears (8”) to trim edges.
5. Use Fiskars® Micro-Tip® Scissors (No. 5) to cut out monogram initial.
6. Place paper monogram onto front of T-shirt and place the fabric swatch inside and directly beneath monogram sandwiching the T-shirt in-between.
7. Pin all three layers together.
8. Use embroidery floss to stitch completely around the monogram. Once complete, remove pins and discard paper monogram.
9. Use Fiskars® Easy Action™ Rag Quilt Snip Scissors (No. 8) to carefully cut T-shirt material inside of stitched monogram revealing fabric swatch underneath. Be careful not to cut the fabric swatch.
10. Embellish monogram with buttons and bows as desired.