Moody Blue Plaid T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® -- Moody Blues
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Plastic table cover
- 2 paintbrushes: wide & fine
- Styrofoam® plates - one per dye color
- Washing machine
- Non-bleach laundry detergent
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Prepare dye following package instructions. Pour each color of dye onto individual Styrofoam plates.
4. Start with the widest brush. Dip it into blue dye and work vertically from the bottom center of the shirt to the top. Using thinner brush add teal vertical lines to the right of every other blue line.
5. Add teal and green horizontal lines randomly spaced apart.
6. Cover with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 Hours.
7. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear.
8. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.