Moody Blue Subori T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit® -- Moody Blues
- 100% cotton white T-shirt
- Plastic table cover
- Plastic PVC pipe
- Plastic wrap
- Washing machine
- Non-bleach laundry detergent
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Smooth out shirt on surface. Starting at one end wrap shirt around pipe. Roll the whole shirt smoothly on the pipe, including the sleeves.
4. Put a hand on each side of the shirt and push fabric together toward the middle.
5. Secure ends with rubber bands.
6. Prepare dye following package instructions.
7. Apply the dye as desired. Make sure the entire shirt is covered with dye, then squeeze the shirt on the pipe to make sure the dyes are penetrating as much as possible to the bottom layers.
8. Wrap project in plastic wrap. Let set 6-8 Hours.
9. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands and shirt from pipe.
10. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.