Moustache Man Cupcake
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:Circle Standard ColorCupsStandard Muffin Pan10"x14" Cooling Grid4.5 lbs. White Ready-To-Use Decorator IcingIcing Color: Copper and Black9" Angled SpatulaCake Decorating Tip 312" Disposable Decorating BagsLarge Candy Eyeballs
- Favorite cake recipe or mix
- Black shoestring licorice
- Plastic ruler
1. Bake cupcakes in baking cups. Allow to cool completely.
2. Tint portions of decorator icing light copper and black. Use spatula to ice top of cupcake with a smooth layer of light copper icing.
3. Create facial features: Position large candy eyeballs. Secure with dots of icing. Use tip 3, a disposable decorating bag and black icing to pipe dot nose and overlapping strings for mustache.
4. Create hair: Cut approximately 18 pieces of shoestring licorice in various lengths from 1" to 1½". Insert into center top of cupcake.
Tip: Transform these cupcakes into girls by piping red icing lips instead of mustaches. Pipe swirls of icing for hair.