SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Cricut Expression® 2 Electronic Cutting Machine
- Cricut® Everyday Cartridge: A Quilted Christmas
- Fat Quarters: white, light pink, dark pink, yellow, peach, black
- Heavy-duty, double-sided iron-on fabric stabilizer
- Iron and ironing board
- Floss: white
- Needle and thread
- Cardstock: white
- Thin batting
- Thin marker
1. Follow manufacturer’s instructions to iron on stabilizer to fabric. Remove paper backing before placing fabric on cutting mat.
2. Create caroler shadow. Using A Quilted Christmas cartridge and white fabric, select Shadow feature and cut one 7" <Caroler2>. Repeat cut using Flip function. Cut flipped shadow again from white cardstock.
3. Use cardstock shadow as a pattern for batting. Use marker to trace shadow onto batting. Cut just inside the marker line.
4. Place batting between white fabric shadow pieces. Iron together according to manufacturer’s instructions. Use floss to blanket stitch around edges.
5. Create caroler. Using dark pink fabric, cut one 7" <Caroler2>. Repeat cut using white fabric and Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using peach fabric and Layer 2 feature. Using light pink fabric, press Shift and cut one 7" <Carlr2-s>. Repeat cut using yellow fabric and Layer 1 feature. Repeat cut using black fabric and Layer 2 feature. Iron layers onto shadow one at a time according to manufacturer’s instructions.
6. Use needle and thread to sew a loop of floss to back of ornament for hanger.