SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2" wide elastic, 2"x2" piece
- 3–4 coordinating ribbons in various widths and colors, each 1/8"–3/8" wide to 8" long
- 2–3 coordinating novelty cords, each 1/8"–1/4" wide, 8"–25" long
- 5/8" wide coordinating novelty ribbon, 13" long
- 2 coordinating fat quarters
- 15mm and 10mm silicone chain maille rings in coordinating colors
- 1 pkg Favorite Findings™ glitter buttons
- Basic sewing supplies
- Chalk or marking pen
- Fabric glue
- Sewing machine
1. Cut one fabric strip 1"x7" and one 1¼"x7". With wrong sides together, fold and press strips in half lengthwise to create crease down center of strip. Open strips up and fold raw edges in toward center crease. Fold strip in half and press. Stitch along folded edge. Set aside.
2. Cut ribbons and cords 7" long. Set aside. Optional: Braid 1/8" cords together. Tape ends to secure. Cut length to 7".
3. String silicone rings onto cord or ribbon.
4. Tie silicone rings on narrow ribbon about 1" apart.
5. Pin one end of ribbons, cords and fabric strips to cut edge of elastic, overlapping elastic 1/4". Overlap ribbons slightly. Zigzag stitch ribbon and cord ends to elastic, back-stitching at ends. Repeat for opposite side.
6. Cut 5/8" ribbon into two pieces. Glue end of ribbon to wrong side of elastic covering the ribbon ends. Wrap ribbon around elastic. Trim to fit and glue end to back side. Finish ribbon end by folding over 1/4" and securing with glue. Repeat for opposite side.
7. Thread 1/8" ribbon through the holes of buttons and tie once to secure on top. Repeat for four other buttons. Trim ribbon ends. Glue buttons to exposed elastic.