SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd black & white fabric for purse
- 1/4 rd satin lining
- Fat quarters, floral prints
- 1/8 yd of coordinating fabrics
- 9" zipper
- 7" of 3/16" cording
- Glitter cardstock
- Floral paper punch
- Jewels & buttons
- HeatnBond fusible interfacing
- Warm & Natural batting
- Fabri-Tac adhesive
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
Refer to photo. Use a 1/2" seam allowance throughout.
- Cut: From purse fabric, two 10-1/2"x8" pieces for front, back and 4"x6" piece for pocket.
From lining fabric two 10-1/2"x8" pieces for front, back and 2"x15" for strap.
From batting two 10-1/2"x7-1/2" pieces.
- Press top edges of front and back down 1/2".
- Place batting on wrong side of each piece underneath folded edge. Baste in place.
- Lay front and back of purse on each side of zipper. Baste. Edge-stitch zipper in place.
- Fold top edge of pocket under 1" and 1/2" in on 3 sides. Stitch on front of purse 1-1/2" from edge and bottom.
- From the floral fabric, cut a strip 3"x21" for bottom ruffle. Right sides together, fold strip lengthwise and sew short edges. Turn right side out fold and press. Gather raw edge. Adjust gathers to fit along bottom edge of purse between seam allowance. With right sides together, baste.
- For corded side, cut floral fabric 1-1/2"x8". Fold top and bottom over 7" cording. Using a zipper foot, sew to edge of purse.
- Sew strap lengthwise; turn right side out, press. Fold strap in half; sew to front of purse below zipper. Open zipper and sew purse front and back together. Clip corners
- Press top sides of lining under 1/2" front and back. Sew lining front and back together. Clip corners. Turn lining right side out; slide over wrong side of purse. Slip stitch lining to purse at zipper. Turn purse right side out.
- Use coordinating fabrics to create yo-yo flowers. Cut circles from fabric; gather edges together. Secure. Embellish with buttons or gems. Punch glitter cardstock with floral punch and adhere as desired.