Music Note and Bird Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DecoArt:Traditions Artist Acrylics: Pine Green, Warm White, Brown Madder, Light PearlAmericana DecouPage Glue: Matte (or other Decoupage Matte Medium)Americana DuraClear Varnish: Gloss
- 6"x6" stretched canvas
- Metallic fabric mesh or other mesh
- Four rolls of Washi tape
- Picture of bird
- Tissue paper
- Waxed or parchment paper
- Large stamp
- 1" bristle brush
- Synthetic brush for varnish
- Inkpad in olive green, Staz-On (optional)
1. Paint canvas, front and sides with Warm White.
2. With brush pick up small amount of Brown Madder and lightly work into upper left corner. Wipe and rinse brush.
3. Pick up small amount of Pine Green and work into bottom right corner. Clean brush.
4. Pick up large amount of Light Pearl and, starting in middle, work toward corners. Allow to dry.
5. Place tissue paper on sheet of waxed or parchment paper to prevent ink from staining work surface. Ink stamp and press onto tissue paper. When dry, tear by hand around stamped design, and decoupage onto bottom right corner with DecouPage Glue. Allow to dry.
6. When dry apply DecouPage to front and sides of canvas. Place mesh but don't worry about corners just yet.
7. When dry, trim excess mesh from corners with scissors. Apply another layer of DecouPage to front and sides.
8. Adhere bird picture on bottom right corner over mesh and stamped image with DecouPage. Allow to dry.
9. Tear off or cut Washi tape into roughly 10" lengths. Starting at top, press tape pieces firmly into place.
10. Repeat placing of tape pieces on left side of the canvas.
11. Gently weave tape pieces through mesh.
12. When pleased, press tape pieces down firmly and adhere them into place with DecouPage, including sides of canvas.
13. Give tape pieces another coat of DecouPage. Allow to dry.
14. Seal with DuraClear Varnish.