• 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder, sifted
• 1-1/4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
• 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
• 3 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 cup buttermilk
• 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
• 1-1/2 cups strawberries, sliced + additional for garnish
• Basic cooking supplies
• Wilton® Easy Layers!™ Cake Pan Set
• Wilton® Cooling grid
• Cake board or serving plate
Makes about 8 servings.
1. For whipped cream, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water. Let stand until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Heat in microwave 10-15 seconds; stir until dissolved and liquid; repeat if needed. In large bowl, whip cream and confectioners’ sugar to soft peaks. Add dissolved gelatin and strawberry puree; whip until well combined. Refrigerate 2-3 hours, or until gelatin has set and cream is spreadable.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare Easy Layers!™ cake pans with vegetable pan spray.
3. In large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each. Add vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating until just combined. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
4. Bake 18-21 minutes, rotating pans half way between baking. Cakes are done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes in pans on cooling grid; remove from pans and cool completely.
5. For ganache, heat cream until steaming. Add chocolate and let sit until softened. Stir until combined. Cool to room temperature.
6. To assemble, cut the crowns off of each cake layer. Place first layer on cake board or serving plate. Spread a thin layer of ganache to edges of cake. Cover with a thicker layer of strawberry whipped cream. Add a single layer of sliced strawberries, pressing gently into whipped cream. Repeat with remaining cake layers. Garnish top with additional whole strawberries.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>