SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® foodcrafting supplies:
- Gum-Tex™ ready-to-use rolled fondant: black, red (1/8 oz. to 1/4 oz. per treat)
- Fondant & gum paste molds: Global (small leaf)
- Brush set
- White pearl dust
- Standard baking cups: Monochrome (black), Primary (red)
- Standard muffin pan
- 10"x16" cooling grid
- 9" angled spatula
- White decorator icing
- White nonpareils
- 4" lollipop sticks
- 12" disposable decorating bags
- Favorite cupcake recipe or mix
1. Make fondant toppers. In advance, knead 1/8 teaspoon Gum-Tex™ into 2 oz. of black or red fondant. Press fondant in mold to make desired topper shape. Remove from mold. Brush shapes lightly with white Pearl Dust. Allow to dry four to six hours on cornstarch-dusted surface.
2. Bake cupcakes in baking cups following recipe directions. Allow to cool completely.
3. Decorate cupcakes. Use spatula to ice cupcakes smooth. Immediately dip cupcake tops in white nonpareils.
4. Position toppers. Use scissors to cut lollipop sticks in half. Insert stick in cupcake, leaving 1" of stick exposed. Use cut disposable bag to pipe a line of icing on stick. Attach fondant shape.
Each cupcake serves 1.