Natural Cord Wrap Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2mm natural leather cord
- Metallic twist hemp cord
- 7mm silver kumihimo endcaps finding kit
- Long/flat nose pliers
- Bead glue
1. Cut the following into 36” lengths: hemp cord- 6 pc, leather cord- 3 pc.
2. Gather all cords so that they are even, and use a piece of hemp cord to tightly wrap the ends together for 1/2”, tie a knot, and trim excess hemp.
3. Split the cord into three groups- each group should have two pieces of hemp and 1 piece of leather.
4. Begin braiding. While braiding, keep all three strands in each group flat and keep the leather between the hemp cords. Braid for at least 15” so bracelet wraps around wrist twice comfortably. Use a piece of hemp to tightly wrap all of the cords at this point, again for 1/2”. This will secure the cords so that the kumihimo cord endcap can be added. Trim all excess cord and wire 1/8” after wrap.
5. Apply bead glue to one end of the bracelet and one kumihimo endcap. Stick wrapped cord bracelet end into endcap, and hold for several seconds (until bead glue begins to dry). Repeat for other side.
6. Use pliers and jump rings to attach the toggle clasp to both endcaps on the bracelet.