Naughty or Nice T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Marvy®/Uchida:Bistro Chalk marker jumbo - whiteBistro Chalk marker broad - white, red, fluorescent green
- Christmas bulb or ornament stamp
- Acrylic paint - black
- Textile medium
- Paint brush
- Masking tape
- Red T-shirt
- Towel or cloth
- Washing machine
1. Pre-wash tee shirt and dry.
2. Lay T-shirt down on a flat surface. Use the masking tape to mask off a square in the center of the t-shirt. Press down on the tape to make sure there are no gaps around the edges.
3. Place cardboard in between the t-shirt to separate the front from the back. This will help keep the paint from absorbing through the back.
4. Mix acrylic paint with textile medium. A 2:1 ratio. Paint the masked area on the t-shirt. Allow it to dry for one hour. Then paint it again. Paint at least three coats.
5. Allow the painted t-shirt to dry for 24 to 48 hours. The thicker the coating, the longer it will take to completely dry. Heat set the area according to the instructions on the textile medium bottle.
6. To avoid any ghost images, prime the chalkboard surface. Prime it by covering the whole area white with the Bistro Chalk marker jumbo. This will fill in any porous areas. Allow the ink to dry. Take a damp cloth and wipe it off. Now your chalkboard is primed.
7. Apply white chalk ink to the Christmas bulb or ornament stamp. Make several stamped images on the top and bottom of the chalkboard. Connect the images with a squiggly line. Allow this to dry for 15 minutes.
8. Color in the bulb or ornament with the red and fluorescent green. Alternate the colors. Allow it to dry.
9. Write "Naughty or nice?" in the center.
NOTE: Wipe off the chalk artwork on the t-shirt with a damp cloth before washing.