It’s smooth sailing when it comes to decorating this nautical-themed layer cake. Just bake a 1-mix cake in the Easy Layers! Cake Pan Set. Ice smooth,then add the navy stripes and anchor designs.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- White cake mix or recipe (4-1/2 cups batter needed)
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing—4.5 lb. Tub or Buttercream Icing Recipe (4-1/2 cups used)
- Color Right Performance Color System (see Colors Tinted below)
- Easy Layers! 6 in. Cake Pan Set
- Cooling Grid
- 6 in. Cake Circles
- 11 in. Straight Spatula
- 12 in. Disposable Decorating Bags
- Tip: 3
- Standard Coupler
- Tip: 47
Batter Color Tinted
- Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount color formula to tint batter in the following shade:
• Winter Blue (formula 647): 4 ½ cups batter + 26 B + 8 R + 4P
Icing Color Tinted
- Use Color Right base colors and QuickCount color formulas to tint icing in the following shades:
• Winter Blue (formula 647): 1 cup icing + 13 B + 4 R + 2 P
• Bright and Bold Red (formula 185): 1/2 cup icing + 9 R
Cake serves 12.
Make layered cake:
- Tint batter following color formula above. Divide batter into pans in set. Bake and cool cake according to pan package instructions.
- Tint icing following color formulas above. Reserve remaining white icing.
- Place first layer on cake circle. Ice top of layer smooth and stack with next layer. Continue ising and adding layers. Ice cake smooth.
- Use tip 3, disposable decorating bag and icing to pipe two rows of anchors on cake side, one anchor in red and nine in blue.
- Use tip 47 to pipe two blue and one white stripe icing bottom border.