SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 yd Body Fabric & 1 yd Lining Fabric
- 5/6" yd rope
- Coordinating Thread
- Sewing Machine
- Basic Sewing Supplies
- Iron & Pressing Surface
Seam allowances are 1/2" & 1/4" RS=Right Side(s) WS= Wrong Side(s).CUTTING: Fabric: Body:Cut Two 16"x 14" Lining:Cut Two 16"x 14" Pocket: Cut One 16" x 14" Bow:Cut One 6 1/2" 8 1/2" Bow Center:Cut Tow 3 1/2" x 1 1/2" Handle: Cut 14" rope. Binding: Cut Two 1" x 7 1/2". ASSEMBLY:
1. Pocket: Press Seam allowance on pocket openings 1/4" and flip 1/4" again and stitch
2. Pin RS of pocket and front bag panel together. Stitch together and flip RS out. 3. Pin front
and back RS together and stitch together on three sides. Leave the top seam open. Repeat this
step for liner.
3. Place lining fabric inside the outside fabric right sides together.
4. Insert straps in between RS of fabric.
5. Pin fabric and straps together so everything stays in place.
6. Stitch around the top of bag. Leaving a 3" inch opening.
7. Turn bag right side out, and shove lining done inside of outer bag.
8. Machine stitch around top of bag at 1/8" stitch to close opening.
9. Binding: Press 1/4" toward the center on each side, fold in half and press flat. Press 1/4" on each end. Pin into place and edge stitch down.
10. Bow: Press RS n half and stitch around leaving a " 2 inch opening. Turn bow right side out and hand stitch opening closed. Pin bow center RS together and stitch sides together. Turn RS out and push 1/4" allowance inside of each other connecting circle. Hand tack closed. Push Bow through tube and pin into desired place on bag. Hand tack center and edges of bow into place.