SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Sculpey® III Tan
- Sculpey® III White
- Sculpey® Acrylic Roller
- Sculpey® Clay Extruder
- Anchor or nautical stamp suitable for earrings
- Blue stamp pad
- Post earring findings
- Craft knife
- Template or circle cutter suitable for the size of the stamp
- Clear fast drying glue
Do not use unbaked clay on unprotected furniture or finished surfaces. Start with clean hands and work surface area. Good work surfaces include wax paper, metal baking sheet, or disposable foil. Knead clay until soft and smooth. For best results, clean hands in between colors. Shape clay, pressing pieces together firmly. Bake on a metal surface at 275 °F (130 °C) for 15 minutes per 1/4" (6 mm). For best baking results, use an oven thermometer. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR RECOMMENDED BAKING TIME. Wash hands after use. Baking should be completed by an adult.
1. Using the Acrylic Roller to create a thin sheet of White clay.
2. Using the Blue stamp pad, stamp the nautical image on the White clay twice.
3. Trim around the stamped images with template or cutter. Set aside.
4. Using the multi circle hole disc, extrude Tan clay.
5. Twist 2 coils of clay together to form a rope.
6. Wrap the rope around the trimmed images and overlap at bottom. Trim the rope as desired.
7. Bake as directed above and allow to cool completely. Attach to post earring backs with clear, fast drying glue.