Nautical Shadowbox Home Decor
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV&® 12“x12“ Hey Sailor stack
- DCWV&® 12“x12“ Neutrals cardstock stack
- Unfinished wood shadow box
- Assorted jewelry charms (i.e. anchor, starfish, etc.)
- Medium brad
- Paper trimmer
- Paper crafting adhesive
1. Select 2 prints from the Hey Sailor stack and a coordinating sheet of red cardstock from the Neutrals stack.
2. Cover the front and sides of the shadow box with the red cardstock. Layer the 1st print onto the front of the shadow box as shown, leaving a 1/4" red cardstock border showing on all sides. Cut the next print to fit inside the window(s) and adhere in place.
3. Fussy cut a wheel and ship from another print. Add a brad to the center of the wheel and adhere the shapes in place inside the window(s).
4. Braid string to desired length, tying a knot at both ends to secure in place. Adhere it to shadowbox where desired. Embellish with desired charms.
5. Cut out saying from stack. Mount it on red cardstock and cut out. Adhere to the top of the shadowbox. Fussy cut icon with ship in a bottle; adhere to the bottom of the shadowbox.