Needle-Felted Christmas Wreath
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 12" white beveled Styrofoam brand foam ring
- 1 pkg 1-1/2" white Styrofoam brand foam balls
- 5 sheets 9"x12" red glitter felt
- Clover products:
- Natural Wool Roving 1 pkg each: lime green, moss green, red
- Needle-felting tool
- Felting brush
- 6-ft red feather boa
- Low temp glue gun, glue sticks
- Craft knife
- Straight pins
Refer to photo often for help in placement of all materials.
- Cut felt into widths varying from 1/2" to 1-1/2". Tuck under sides of strips and wrap felt around ring, overlapping, creating tucks. Pin felt in place on back of wreath. Cover wreath. Trim excess felt.
- Cut foam balls in half. Using the felting tool, take small pieces of roving and needle punch until ball is covered. Continue with small pieces to create ornaments.
- Cut 3 pieces 4"x12" from glitter felt. On one piece use roving needle to felt 2 thin rows of lime green down each side, in 1" from each edge.
- Cut points on one end of each of the 2 remaining strips. Pin the strips to the side of wreath.
- Fold each end of the striped strip into center to create a bow. Pin to wreath over tails of bow.
- Glue the bow and needled felted ornaments to the wreath.
- Pin the boa around outer edge of wreath. Secure with glue.