Nicole Miller Look 5
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Nicole Miller Stretch Chiffon Fabric-Coral Eden (amount to be determined by measurements)
- McCall's pattern M7242 (sold in stores)
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
DIRECTIONS: All seams are 5/8” unless noted.
1. Follow pattern for view D with a shorter length making adjustments as
mentioned in the following steps.
2. Bodice: Place fabric on the center fold to eliminate the opening.
3. Remove the pleat on the back pattern by folding it out and taping closed
tapering to nothing. Mark on the left side skirt seam for desired opening.
4. Sleeve: Place sleeve pattern on tissue paper and temporarily pin to top of cap to
tissue. Cut sleeve pattern from the bottom up to the cap, not going through the
seam allowance in center and cut 2 more slits on each side. Spread each cut by
2 ½” to increase the width. Add 4” to the hem to accommodate for the ruffle.
The ruffle should finish 1 ½”. Sew a casing to insert elastic.
5. Belt: cut 2 strips 3 ½” by 16” plus waist measurement. Sew both strips together,
fold in half, sew a ¼” seam, leave an opening, turn, press and close opening.