No Sew Cat's Meow Costume
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Aleene's Fabric Tacky Pack
- Tulip Black Slick 3-D Fashion Paint
- Gray hoodie
- White gloves
- 1/3 yd white felt
- Stiff felt: gray, white, pink, black
- 1 sheet soft felt: light pink
- 1/3 yd of 1" purple ribbon
- 2 yds pink sequin trim
- Acrylic gems: pink & purple assorted sizes
- 1" key ring
- 1/2 yd elastic cording
- Fuzzy black yarn
- Sewing pins
- Small hole punch
- Paper towels
- 1" hook-&-loop tape
- Low-tack masking tape
- OK To Wash-It glue
- No-Sew Fabric Glue
- Read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Enlarge pattern 140% (see PDF). Cut out designs from pattern sheet. Pin patterns onto color of felt indicated on pattern. Cut out. Trace with pencil for smaller pattern.
- Enlarge stomach pattern to fit hoodie. Cut out of white felt. Position as shown. Apply thin bead of Fabric Fusion from Tacky Pack to edges on back of pieces. Press in place. Allow to dry.
- Glue pink inner ear to center of gray ear, aligning bottom edges. Allow to dry. Cut along snip lines. Bend every other section and position on hood. Apply Fabric Fusion to bottom of each section. Press in place holding with low-tack masking tape until dry.
- Fold up cuffs. Working in short sections apply a thin bead of Fabric Fusion around stomach, each cuff and edge of hood. Push fuzzy black yarn into glue. Allow to dry.
- Pin patterns onto felt and cut out number indicated on pattern creating palms, finger pads and claws.
- Use OK To Wash-It to glue palms and finger pads to palm side of glove. Add a dab of glue to tip of each claw. Press on tip of each finger. Allow dry.
- Trace and cut pattern shapes from stiff felt on color indicated.
- Use No-Sew Fabric Glue to glue nose and whisker pieces in place.
- Punch 2 small holes on edges of cheek mask. Cut 2 equal pieces of elastic cording and thread 1 end through holes and tie several knots to hold. Tie other ends of cording together on back of head.
- Cut ribbon to fit around neck of hoodie with 1" overlap.
- Place ribbon flat on work surface. Apply a very thin bead of Fabric Fusion onto edge of ribbon. Press sequin trim into glue. Repeat with other side.
- Working in short sections, add small dots of Jewel-It along center ribbon. Press gems into glue. Allow to dry.
- Cut circle from stiff pink felt. Glue sequins around edge. Use pencil to lightly draw on name. Start Black 3-D Fashion Paint on paper towel using an even pressure on bottle for a smooth line. Paint over name and allow to dry.
- Glue gems where shown.
- Punch a small hole at top, insert key ring then thread onto ribbon.
- Use No-Sew Fabric Glue to adhere both sections of hook and loop to each end of collar and tape at ends of ribbon. Let dry.