No-Sew Embellished Hoodie
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Ladies' sportswear hoodie
- 1/3 yd iron-on black vinyl trim, 3/8" wide
- 1/2 yd iron-on white vinyl trim, 3/8" wide
- 1-3/4 yds iron-on turquoise pave nailhead trim, 3/8" wide
- Tape measure
- Tacky glue
- Steam iron and pressing cloth
- Refer to photo. Measure and cut 2 strips of turquoise trim. Sparingly glue each strip into place on either side of the front zipper. Set steam iron to wool setting. Pretest trim and fabric for heat tolerance. Using the iron and pressing cloth, permanently adhere trim onto the hoodie.
- Cut two 9" strips of white vinyl trim. Sparingly glue along the front zipper next to the turquoise trim.
- Cut two 7" strips of turquoise trim. Cut away one length-wise row of nailheads from each strip, leaving two 2-row strips and two single-row strips. Sparingly glue 2-row strips along the white vinyl trim on the hoodie.
- Cut two 5" strips of black vinyl trim. Sparingly glue next to the 2-row turquoise trim on both sides of zipper.
- Cut two 3-1/2" pieces of single-row turquoise trim. Sparingly glue into place along black vinyl trim on each side.
- Permanently adhere all trim onto hoodie using the steam iron and pressing cloth.
- Cut turquoise trim into small squares: 3-rows wide by 3-nailheads long; and 2-rows wide by 2-nailheads long. Refer to photo for placement.
- Permanently press squares onto the hoodie with the steam iron and pressing cloth.