No-Sew Fleece Robe
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fleece: 7/8 yd for yoke; 1 1/2yd for body
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- 1/2" shape cutter template
- Tailor's chalk
DIRECTIONS: One size fits most. WOF= Width of Fabric
1. Cut a 50"xWOF piece of fleece for the body of the robe. Trim selvages.
2. Use shape cutter template to cut fringe 1/2"x4" along top and bottom WOF.
3. Mark center of back; open out & fold edges to the center for a seamless robe.
4. Cut a 28"xWOF piece of fleece for the yoke/sleeves. Trim selvages.
5. Fold in half lengthwise. Fold again in the other direction. Measure out 4" on the center of both folds and mark. Cut an arch from one mark to the other (Fig. A).
6. Open fabric; there will be a circular 8" cut-out in the center. Cut from the circle out on the short side, to form front opening (Fig. B).
7. Fold yoke/sleeve piece in half lengthwise to 14"x60". Cut fringe 1/2"x4" along the long open edge. Mark center back.
8. Wrong sides together, match center back of robe with center back of yoke/sleeve. Begin in the back; tie overhand knots from center to sides (Fig. C). Fold fronts to center front.
9. Wrong sides together, begin at center front, tie overhand knots to sides (Fig. D).
10. Tie knots from sleeve edge to side. Adjust knots at underarm side. Tie overhand knot in each piece of bottom fringe. If desired, cut a belt from remaining fleece.