No-Sew Jewelry Case
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Brocade fabric, 1/2 yd each: pink butterfly, black lotus medallion
- 9"x18" Pellon Wonder Under transfer web
- 1/3 yd Trimtex 1" black rayon faille chain trim
- 1 yd Offray 5/8" black grosgrain ribbon
- La Mode 5/8" gold-tone buckle
- Fabric-Tac adhesive
- Measuring tape
- Optional: rotary cutter with mat
- Cut four 9"x18" pieces of pink butterfly brocade fabric.
- Fold two pieces of the butterfly fabric in half to make pockets. Press the fold & trim 1/2" from the raw edges.
- Cut another piece of the butterfly fabric in half. Fold each half to make two 9"x4-1/2" pockets.
- Position the two larger pockets on the right side of the remaining pink butterfly fabric piece. Match the raw edges, with the folds facing toward the center of the base fabric. Glue along the raw ends and on both sides of the pockets, leaving the folds unglued. Repeat with the two smaller pockets.
- Apply Pellon Wonder Under transfer web to the wrong side of the base pink butterfly fabric.
- Cut one 13"x22" piece from the black lotus medallion fabric.
- Center base pink butterfly fabric on the wrong side of black fabric. Fuse following Pellon instructions.
- Cut 9" length of black chain trim. Position across the base between two large pockets. Glue trim to backing along raw edges only.
- With the base pink unit right side up, turn 1/2" seam on the two long edges of the black fabric and press. Repeat with two short ends. Turn remaining seams along raw edges of the base unit. Press and glue in place, first the long sides & then the short.
- Thread black ribbon through the gold buckle and glue buckle to the center point of the ribbon. Center the buckle on the outside of the case and glue in place. Trim ribbon ends diagonally to prevent fraying.
- Refer to PDF/photo. Fold the case, wrapping the ribbon around it and tie in place.