No-Sew Nailhead Denim Jacket
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Denim jacket
- 1-1/8 yds iron-on gold pave nailhead trim, 3/8" wide
- 5/8 yds iron-on black pave nailhead trim, 3/8" wide
- Tape measure
- Tacky glue
- Steam iron & pressing cloth
- Follow detail lines of jacket and embellish as desired.
- For the jacket pictured: Measure top width of patch pocket flap and cut 2 strips of gold trim. Fit and sparingly glue each strip into place above each patch pocket flap. Refer to photo.
- Fit and sparingly glue each strip of black and gold trim into place on jacket yoke Cut trim ends along seams of jacket.
- To make square and diamond motifs cut nailhead trim into strips, 3 nailheads long X 3 nailheads wide. Sparingly glue into place. Jacket pictured takes a total of 26 gold strips and 13 black strips.
- Set steam iron to wool setting. Pretest trim & jacket for heat tolerance. Permanently press embellishments into place using iron and pressing cloth.