No-Sew Owl Costume
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 yd each felt: camel, brown
- 1/2 yd each felt: light gray, dark gray, heather beige
- 1/4 yd felt, natural
- 1/3 yd felt, black
- Fabri-Tac glue
- Elastic cord, black
- Craft foam visor: orange or yellow
- Cut two 24"x36" rectangles of camel felt. To create opening for head, cut a 6" circle about 4" from the top on 1 piece of camel felt.
- Place the two body pieces on top of each other. Round the head by cutting the top corners.
- To create space for arm openings, mark the sides 11" and 18" from the top. Glue top and sides, leaving the 7" arm opening spaces unglued.
Cut out two 10" black felt circle, two 8" natural felt circles and two 7" brown felt circles. Center and glue.
- Cut two 18"x12" pieces of brown felt for the wings.
- Glue elastic cord loops at wrist level on the underside of each wing.
- Cut 7" strips of felt from all colors. Cut rounded "V" shape at 1 end of each strip; leave 1" for gluing.
- Refer to PDF/photo. Glue the light feather strips down the center, other colors around the back. Glue feathers around face and to the top of head.
- To finish, glue eyes at top. Trim visor into a slightly pointed shape to form beak.