No-Sew Tee Pee
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 3-1/2 yds of solid of extra wide Fleece
- 2 yds of print of extra wide Fleece
- See pattern measurements for Teepee
- 3/4" PVC pipe, 66" long (5)
- 3/4" PVC slip Caps (5)
- 3/4" white rubber leg tips (5)
- Tape measure
- Scissors or rotary cutter
- 3/4 yd. of narrow nylon rope
- Emery board or nail polish remover (optional)
To make TeePee pattern: Fold paper in half. Measure 51" in height along fold line, 23" width at bottom, 7-1/2" for the top of TeePee. Connect a line from the bottom to the top. Unfold pattern (makes one panel).
Cut 2 print and 3 solid panels for TEEPEE.
Knot ties: 12"x1", cut 18.
1. Place fleece panels wrong sides together alternating colors.
2. For fringe: Cut 6" into fleece at 1” intervals along sides only.
3. Knot fringe pieces together, using one strand from the top layer and one strand from the bottom. Repeat around all sides and all panels.
4. Cut one panel 35" up the center to make opening for the door.
5. On all pipes--Measure down 6" from top of pipe and drill two small holes places at an angle (large enough to fit rope through).
6. If the lettering on the PVC pipes shows, sand off with an emery board or use nail polish remover.
7. Thread rope through openings in pipes and tie tightly.
8. To stabilize Teepee to pipes, knot ties to pipe and through knot on Teepee, one at the bottom, two more 15" each apart.
9. Cut two small slits just above the opening of the door and knot a tie. This will secure the opening so that raw edge doesn’t tear.
10. Door ties: measure up 19", cut two slits right next to each other on each side of door. Pull through a tie on each of the slits and knot to secure. This will keep the door closed or tie to leave open.