1. Sand, seal and re-sand the mailbox.
2. Remove screw holding flag in place. This makes it easier to paint mailbox and flag.
3. Basecoat mailbox with two coats of True Blue using 3/4" flat brush. Let dry.
4. Trace holiday-themed design onto tracing paper. Place tracing paper onto mailbox and transfer main design elements onto surface with graphite. Don't transfer details at this time.
5. Basecoat snow on ground with Light Buttermilk. When dry, shade along top of snow with thinned True Blue, using 3/4" flat brush. Let dry.
6. Basecoat other design elements as follows: tree, Hauser Light Green; trunk, Honey Brown; snowman, Light Buttermilk; hat, Lamp Black; hat band, Hauser Light Green; scarf and star, Cadmium Yellow; bird, Tomato Red. Let all dry completely.
7. Transfer on face and tree details.
8. Shade under tree branches with side load of Avocado using 1/2" flat brush. Shade trunk to right and underneath branches with Burnt Umber.
9. Shade right side of snowman with very light shade of True Blue. Watering down paint a little will help. With same brush and True Blue, highlight left side of snowman and top of snowman’s hat.
10. Snowman’s eyes and buttons are dotted on with stylus and Lamp Black. Add Light Buttermilk highlights to eyes. Snowman's nose is painted with Burnt Orange and 10/0 liner brush.
11. Using any palette color, detail hat and scarf. Pictured project uses Tomato Red to stripe hatband and Hauser Light Green to stripe scarf. Shade hatband on either side with Avocado. Scarf is shaded on either side and where two ends overlap with Burnt Umber.
12. Paint snowman’s arms Honey Brown.
13. Shade under bird’s wing with Burnt Umber. Highlight top of wing and top of head with side load of Burnt Orange.
14. Add eye, beak and legs with black fine liner pen.
15. Tree on front mailbox flap is painted Hauser Light Green with shading of side load of Avocado on 1/2" flat brush. Shade trunk to right and underneath branches with Burnt Umber.
16. Flag is basecoated with Tomato Red. Add lettering with Light Buttermilk using 10/0 liner brush. Dot letters with large end of stylus. Knob on flap is painted with Tomato Red.
17. Repeat side design on other side of mailbox if desired. To add interest, change hatband and scarf on this snowman.
18. Outline all pattern elements with black fine liner pen.
19. Using an old toothbrush and some slightly thinned Light Buttermilk, spatter entire mailbox to resemble snow.
20. Varnish mailbox with Satin or Matte DuraClear™ Varnish.
21. Reattach flag.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>