Ocean Blue Jewelry
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Plaid®: Mod Podge® Matte and Dimensional Magic
- Six 1"x 1/8" Darice® Craftwood circles
- Scrapbook paper: Kelly Panacci, Giggle Stripes
- 2 green rhinestones
- 10 small green and blue glass beads
- 5 Blue Moon Beads® green freshwater pearls
- 5 green & blue flat oval beads
- Jewelry Fundamentals antique brass-finish findings kit:
18 headpins, toggle clasp, 2 earring wires, 4 jump rings
- Round-nose pliers
- Drill with small drill bit
- Sandpaper or craft knife
FolkArt® Stains, maple
FolkArt® Extreme Glitter®, Hologram
Prim and Proper: oxidized brass texture loop chain
CRAFT CIRCLE BEADS
1. Drill 2 holes close to the edge on opposite sides of each wood circle.
2. Use wood discs as templates.
3. Cut out 12 flower patterns from scrapbook paper. Stain the edges of each disc. Allow to dry.
4. Attach paper to both sides of discs with Mod Podge®. Set aside to dry. Use sandpaper or craft knife to carefully remove excess paper.
5. Coat one side of each disc with Extreme Glitter. Allow to dry. Add rhinestones to center of 2 discs with the same pattern. These will be used for the earrings. Give each disc a coat of Dimensional Magic. Allow to dry at least 3 hours; apply an additional coat of Dimensional Magic. Allow to dry.
6. Use chain links from the Prim and Proper texture loop chain as large jump rings. Attach a large jump ring through each hole in each circle bead.
1. Connect 4 circle disc beads with additional large jump ring. There should be 3 large jump rings between each bead. Attach a large jump ring on each end of the bracelet. It should have 2 large jump rings on each end.
2. On one side of the bracelet add 2 or more small jump rings. Attach the toggle clasp.
3. Use headpins to create bead charms using the pearls, flat oval beads, and 4 small glass beads.
4. Craft plain loops and attach them to the jump rings between each circle disc.
1. On headpins, make 6 bead charms with remaining small glass beads.
2. Add a large jump ring to one side of each of the remaining circle disc beads.
3. Add a small jump ring to the other side of each circle bead.
4. Attach 3 small bead charms to each larger jump ring.
5. Attach the earring wires to the small jump rings.