Ombré Tie Dye Technique T-shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye
- T-shirt, white 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
- Paper Towels
- Wash T-shirt to remove sizing. Do not use fabric softener.
- Cover work surface with plastic. Lay damp shirt out flat on prepared surface, smooth flat with hands.
- Wearing rubber gloves, add water to all dye bottles to lines indicated on bottles. Replace caps tightly and shake until dye is dissolved.
- Squeezing dye from bottle apply dye along bottom edge of t-shirt.
- Use a large wet paintbrush to brush dye upward on fabric.
- Dip paintbrush in water and brush along edge of dye, pulling color upward to create a gradation of the original color.
- Cover shirt with plastic table cover and let set 6-8 hours.
- Rinse well with water until excess dye is removed. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of laundry soap. Wash and dry separately.