Ombre Snowflake Cookies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton® food-crafting supplies
- 4-Pc. Snowflake Nesting Metal Cutter Set (second largest [3-7/8"] used)
- Cookie Sheet
- 10"x16" Cooling Grid
- White Ready-To-Use Decorator Icing 4.5 lb. Tub
- Icing Colors: Teal and Violet
- 9" Angled Spatula
- 20-Pc. Beginning Buttercream Decorating Set (Disposable Decorating Bags and Decorating Tips 12, 8, 5 used)
- Standard Couplers
- Decorating Tip: 3
- Favorite roll-out cookie dough recipe
- Rolling pin
- Food-safe scissors
1. Prepare and roll out dough following recipe directions. Use second largest (3-7/8") snowflake cutter from set to cut out shapes. Bake cookies and allow to cool.
2. Tint portions of decorator icing light teal, dark teal, light violet and dark violet. Reserve some white icing. Use spatula and white icing to ice cookies smooth.
3. Use tip 12, cut disposable decorating bag with coupler and dark tinted icing to pipe large dot center. Use tip 8 and dark tinted icing to pipe a dot on every other snowflake branch approximately 3/16 from center dot. Use tip 5 and dark tinted icing to pipe additional dots. Use tip 3 and dark tinted icing to pipe two additional dots. Repeat process using light tinted icing. Refer to picture for guidance.
Add a little shimmer to these snowflakes using Wilton Colored Sugars.