Supplies & Tools:
• Kitchen Cart to upcycle
• Home Décor Chalk: Imperial shown or color of choice
• Paint Brush
• Printed fabric of choice
• Sewing Machine
• Basic Sewing Supplies
1. Wash and dry cart.
2. Apply Home Décor Chalk and allow to dry. Repeat coats for the perfect coverage. Allow to dry.
Kitchen Cart Skirt
Courtesy of JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores®
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
• 1-1/2 yd. fabric
• 1 pkg. of 1/4” elastic
• 1 pkg. press on Velcro
• 1-1/4 yd. 1/4” cording
• Basic sewing supplies
• Sewing machine
All seams are 1/2” unless noted otherwise.
Kitchen Cart is 72” circumference, 13-1/2” in height. Make adjustments for larger cart.
1. Cut 3 pieces 41” X 16-1/2”.
2. Sew 3 pieces right sides together creating one piece. Hem opening and bottom with pressing under 1/2” then stitch a 1” hem.
3. For top casing: press under 3/4” and turning 3/4”, straight stitch to make casing. Thread elastic through casing. The casing should be slightly tighter than the cart circumference. Close elastic by stitching together at center.
4. Measure from front and back poll to poll for placement of cording, stitch to casing. Tie cording around each poll to secure skirt. Add press on Velcro to center of cart and on center of skirt to keep skirt from drooping.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >