On the Softer Side Brownies
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Standard muffin pan
- Tips: #7, #103
- Buttercream icing
- White Nonpareil Sprinkles
- Disposable Decorating Bags
- Basic kitchen supplies
- Cooling grid
- Food coloring: rose, lemon yellow
- Flower nail #7
- White ready-to-use decorator icing
- Waxed paper
- Favorite brownie recipe
- 1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
- 1 tsp Wilton Clear Vanilla Extract
- 2 T milk
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 c sifted confectioners' sugar
Makes about 3 cups icing.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and butter with electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Gradually add sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Keep icing covered with a damp cloth until ready to use. For best results, keep icing bowl in refrigerator when not in use. Refrigerated in an airtight container, this icing can be stored 2 weeks. Re-whip before using.
- Bake and cool brownies.
- Position brownie upside down on cooling grid.
- Using heated icing in cut disposable bag, pipe over top of brownie letting icing drip down the sides.
- Sprinkle immediately with Nonpareils. With buttercream, make a tip 103 rose with tip 7 base for each treat.
- Position rose.
Each serves 1.