SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Jiffy® Yarn, 1 ball: Rust or color of choice
- Knitting needles: size 11
- Pompom Maker
- Large-eyed blunt needle
GAUGE 12 stitches = 4" Garter stitch (knit every row). BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
Size: About 20" in circumference; will stretch to fit a range of sizes.
1. Make a pompom following pompom maker package instructions. Set aside.
2. Cast on 60 stitches.
3. Work in garter stitch (knit every row) until nearly all yarn has been used. Bind off, leaving a long yarn tail.
1. Thread yarn tail into blunt needle, then weave in and out of bound-off edge of hat. Pull yarn tail to gather this edge for top of hat; knot securely.
2. With same tail, seam ends of rows to form tube.
3. Tie pompom to top of hat. Weave in ends.