Open Square Knot Macrame Bracelets
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 Clubhouse Crafts Tie Dye Silky Cord Card:
- Purple Rainbow
- Bold Rainbow
- Jewelry glue
1. Using Purple Rainbow Silky Cord, measure and cut 9‚Äô of cord. (two 4‚Äô segments and one 1‚Äô segment).
2. Cut a 4‚Äô segment in half to use as the base cords.
3. Holding base cords together, make a knot 8‚Äù from one end of cords.
4. Secure base cords to work surface using tape.
5. Center 4‚Äô cord segment under base cords and begin Open Square Macram√© by crossing the left strand over base strands and under right strand.
6. Then, pass right strand under the base strands and over the left strand.
7. Pull outside strands tight while sliding them up.
8. Cross the new right strand over the base strands and under left strand.
9. Pass new left strand under base strands and over right strand.
10. Pull both outside strands tight to complete the square knot, but leave an even, open loop of cord on each side above the knot.
11. Repeat Steps 5 ‚Äì 10 for desired length, making sure to keep open loops even, and knots evenly spaced.
12. Gather the working cords and make a knot to finish the macram√©, and then make another knot next to previous knot.
13. Make a third knot on each end of bracelet approximately 3‚Äù from macram√© knots.
14. Trim excess cords, secure with glue.
15. Using the 1‚Äô cord segment make a sliding knot using the following directions.
To make sliding macram√© knot:
1. Form the bracelet ends into a circle by slightly overlapping the ends.
2. Place tape near the topmost knot to anchor cords to work surface.
3. With the 12‚Äù cord centered behind the bracelet cords make 3 flat square macram√© knots.
4. Tie a knot on the backside and secure with glue. Trim excess cords.
*This project makes up to 6 bracelets.