Orange Summer Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Orange seed beads
- Gold large lobster clasp
- Gold jump ring 8mm
- Gold crimps
- Yellow round beads 10mm
- Cream ceramic star fish
- Stone multi star fish
- Orange ceramic fish
- Orange & white plastic stripe beads
- Orange, yellow & cream donut beads
- Natural hemp cord
- Brown shells
- Gold tiger tail
- Wire cutters
- Crimp pliers
- Round & flat nose pliers
1. Cut 2 segments of hemp each 36” long. Cut 4 segments of hemp 20” long, and 2 segments of hemp 72” long. Cut 5 segments of tiger tail, 15” long.
2. Take one segment of 20” hemp, string the yellow round beads and make a knot on each side of the beads leaving 1” long in-between.
3. Repeat step #2, using cream ceramic star beads.
4. Take two 36” segments of hemp and make a knot leaving a 2-1/2” tail. String one end of hemp through one donut bead, then string the other end of hemp through the same bead in the opposite direction, and make a knot, continue the same steps until you connect 12 donut beads.
5. Start creating 5 strands of beads each 12” long: using the 5 segments of tiger tail; orange seed beads, stone star fish, orange stripe beads, brown shells and orange ceramic beads.
6. Make 2 macramé strands, each 5” long; using 2 pcs of 72” hemp and 2 pcs of 20” hemp.
7. Connect all strands from step #4 using a crimp bead, to one end of the macramé strands, then connect all strands from step # 2, 3 & 4.
8. Attach an 8mm jump ring and a large lobster clasp to the other end of macramé.