Ornate Burgundy & Cream Ornament
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Champagne 6mm pearls
- Red pearl set (shiny, texture, oval)
- Metal beads with acrylic stones
- Ring charm
- Facetted topaz acrylic bead – large & small size
- Metal bead cap
- Decorative head pin
- Clear bicone bead
- Metal spacer beads
- Teardrop topaz crystal bead
- Large teardrop crystal
- Red satin ribbon, 7/8"
- Beige lace
- Beige trim
- Styrofoam® balls medium & small size
1. Using a small wooden dowel, poke a hole completely through each of the Styrofoam® balls and out the other side.
2. Remove dowel and cover both balls completely in red satin ribbon with glue. At the top of the larger ball, create a wrinkle in the red ribbon to hang the ornament later.
3. Attach bits of beige trim with glue as shown in the picture.
4. Cut dowel down to size, add glue and re-insert through the hole made, to hold both balls in place together. Allow to dry.
5. Add beads by threading each one onto a headpin or straight pin and plunging into the Styrofoam.
6. Add dangles by plunging a headpin through an inverted bead cap in the same way. Create dangles by sliding teardrop beads onto a headpin and forming a simple loop. Connect together to form a dangle.
7. Bead an ornament holder using silver wire and assorted crystal and metal beads. Wire wrap the ends to finish.