SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd. 54" fabric
- 1 - 16" zipper
- 9 - 17"x15"x2" chair pads cut to 15"x15"x2"
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
1. Cut 5 pieces of fabric on- grain, 15"x15" for top and sides of cube.
2. Cut two pieces of fabric 7-1/2"x15" for bottom of cube.
3. With right sides together sew 1/2" seam to join the 15" sides of the bottom pieces.
4. Insert a zipper into the seam following the instructions for a “centered” zipper application on the zipper package. (Putting a zipper in the bottom creates an opening so the foam can be “stuffed” into the cube.)
5. To join the side pieces together, start by placing two pieces right sides together, begin stitching 1/4" from the top and 1/4" from the side. Stitch the length of the side stopping 1/4" from the bottom.
6. Repeat Step 5 three times adding a square each time until four pieces have been stitched together to create a cylinder.
7. Attach the cube top piece to the cylinder by joining the edges of the top piece to the top edge of each side square. To achieve great 3- d corners start and stop stitching where the stitches started and stopped when the sides were joined. Complete this step 4 times.
8. Attach the bottom square using the same method as the top. See Step 7.
9. Insert 8 – 15"x15"x2" pieces of chair pad to fill the cube. (This will be 16" of height but it makes the cube more full and smooth.)