Our Town Play Mat
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 36" square all-purpose cloth
- Brush-on sealer
- Acrylic paints
- Paintbrushes – large flat, 1/2" flat or angular shader, detail
- Paint markers
1. Round the corners of the fabric with scissors.
2. Brush on sealer to keep paints and markers from bleeding.
3. Draw the town with pencil. Be creative. Personalize it to resemble favorite local places and stores.
4. Lay out the roads. Roads are 3" wide, to accommodate two little cars, side by side.
5. Cut two 3 1/2" squares from cardstock. Cut one in half diagonally for the roof pattern. Use the remaining square for buildings.
6. After the town is drawn, begin painting. Paint the buildings first, then the roads, then the grass. Add details as desired. Outline everything in black paint marker.