Outdoor Everything Totes
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 54" wide home decor fabric:
- 5/8 yd. for body
- 1/2 yd. for and trim
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Iron & pressing surface
NOTE: Seam allowances 1/2".
From main body fabric cut two 19"x21" rectangles.
From trim fabric cut:
Two 6"x21" rectangles for bottom
Four 2-1/2"x17" strips for handles.
1. Press under 1/2" on one long side of the bottom rectangles.
2. Pin, right side up, onto the bottom edge of the main fabric rectangles. Topstitch pressed edge.
3. Press 1/2" seam allowance on the 4 long edges of handle strips.
4. Wrong sides together, pin the 2 handle strips. Topstitch each long edge. Repeat with the two remaining handle strips.
5. With the handle facing downward, pin and stitch each end 6-1/2" from side edges.
6. Right sides facing, pin front and back fabric rectangles together. Stitch bottom and side seams.
7. Turn right side out, press and topstitch.
8. To make squared corners fold out bottom corners, centering seams and stitch at the 6" point (3" on each side of seam).
9. Turn right side out.