SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars® Amplify™ RazorEdge™ shears
- Acrylic ruler (6"x24")
- Fabric – see directions for measuring to determine quantity needed:Print heavy weight cotton canvas or outdoor fabricSolid heavy weight cotton canvas
- 1/2" piping – Measure perimeter, double that and add 6" for length needed
- Foam insert
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Use Amplify™ RazorEdge™ Shears to cut the fabric to fit foam insert adding 1" seam allowances. Cut:
One piece of print fabric (for top of cushion)
One piece of solid fabric (for bottom of cushion)
Two strips of print (for longer sides of cushion)
Two strips of print (for shorter sides of cushion)
Two 4"x8" strips of solid fabric (for handles)
2. Pin piping onto the edge of the right side of both large fabric pieces matching raw edges and easing around the corners. Where the two ends of the piping meet, open up stitching at one end and snip away a piece of the cord to meet the cord at the other end. Fold over the outside fabric edge of the piping to neaten. Sew piping onto the fabric pieces using a zipper foot to get close to the cord.
3. Sew the short ends of the side fabric pieces together to form a loop. Allow 1/2" seam allowance. Press seams open.
4. Make the handles by folding all raw edges of the 4"x8" pieces 1/2" towards the center then fold in half lengthwise. Check that all raw edges are concealed and stitch. Pin handle pieces at the center of two opposite side pieces and sew securely.
5. Pin the side piece onto the top of one of the large fabric pieces all the way around with right sides together. Raw edges must match. Sew with the main fabric piece on top, following the stitching from where the piping was attached. Get as close to this line of stitching as possible.
6. Repeat with the second main fabric piece, but leave one side open to insert foam.
7. Turn cushion cover right side out and insert foam.
8. Fold in unfinished edge, pin, and hand stitch the opening closed.