HEADBAND: Kwik Sew Pattern 3219
SCARF AND HAT
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 1/2 yd 54" fleece: makes 3 hats or 5 scarves
- Ribbon: 1/8" & 3/8" widths, 1/2 yd for each hat
- Rotary cutter, ruler & mat
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Beads, charms, bells
DIRECTIONS: RS = Right side(s)
1. For 3 hats, cut one 20"x54" fleece section. Cut the 20"x54" section into three 18"x20" rectangles.
2. Fold 1 rectangle in half, RS together, forming a 10"x18" rectangle. Using a 1/4" seam, sew the long edge together to form a tube; turn tube right side out. Repeat with other 2 rectangles.
3. At one end of one sewn tube, make 4" cuts, 1/2" apart, to form a fringe.
4. Wrap both of the ribbons around the top of the hat where the fringe begins; tie tightly. Roll other end up to form a cuff. Repeat with others.
5. Tie beads, charms, bells and other embellishments along the ribbons.
1. For 5 scarves, cut five 6"x48" strips of fleece.
2. At both ends of each scarf, make 4" cuts, 1/2" apart, to form a fringe.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
June Tailor® Fringe Cut™ or Funky ‘n Fun™ ruler
3/4 yd. (1 yd.) fleece fabric
Thread to match
Rotary cutting mat
Sized for girls (Adult size information in italics)
Cut fleece fabric 22” x 44” (28” x 56”).
Fold fleece in half widthwise, right sides together.
Beginning at one raw edge corner, using a 1/2” seam allowance, stitch toward fold,
stopping 10” (13”) from fold to form neck opening. Back tack ends. Press seam
open using a pressing cloth.
Turn poncho right side out, keeping edges even.
Using rotary cutter and Fringe Cut™ or Funky ‘n Fun™ ruler, cut fringe 1/2” wide by
3” long down length of poncho, beginning at the top seam. Cut through both layers
of fleece until you reach the bottom edge.
For Curly Fringe:
Using Fringe Cut™ or Funky ‘n Fun™ ruler, cut fringe on the selvage edge of
your fleece fabric to desired length and width. With thumb and forefinger, hold
individual fringe unit at top and drag and pull to bottom edge. Scraping fabric with
thumbnail will create a tighter curl. Continue with all subsequent fringe units to
create a unique fringe look.