Padded Laptop Case
- 1/2 yd Fabric A
- 1/2 yd Headliner foam
- 1/2 yd Warm & Natural® batting
- 1/4 yd Fabric B for pocket and flap
- 1/4 yd Fabric C for straps
- Large button
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron, pressing surface
- Tissue paper
DIRECTIONS: WS = Wrong side(s) RS = Right side(s)
Fabric A: Two 18"x14" pieces.
Headliner foam: Two 18"x14" pieces.
Batting: Two 18"x14" pieces.
Cut a 1" square from the bottom corners of each.
Fabric C: Two 4"x42" straps.
One 13"x10" for pocket
Two 5"x11" for flap .
ASSEMBLY: Use 1/2" seam allowance.
1. Baste batting to WS of front & back.
2. Press straps in half lengthwise, open, then press edges to center & refold. Edge stitch straps.
3. Fold pocket piece to 6 1/2"x10", RS together, sew one 6 1/2" side. Turn RS out & press with seam at the bottom.
4. Center pocket 5 1/2" in on each side, 4" from top & bottom on front. Baste sides. Place strap over sides of pocket 5" from each edge. Sew straps to front, 2" from top edge. Pleat bottom edge of pocket. Sew to front. Sew strap to back 5" from each edge to within 2" of top edge.
5. RS together, sew flap pieces; leave opening in one short end for turning. Clip corners, turn RS out, press & slip stitch opening closed. Center flap on back between strap, 3" from edge. Stitch in place.
6. With RS together, sew front & back together. Press seams open.
7. To form corners, bring seams together at bottom corners and stitch. Turn RS out.
8. Sew headliner together in the same way, leaving an opening in the bottom for turning. Place tissue paper under headliner foam to make stitching easier. Finger press seams open.
9. Place bag inside of lining, RS together. Stitch top edge. Turn through opening in lining. Slip stitch opening closed. Finger press top edge; stitch 1/4" from edge.
10. Finish stitching straps to bag.
11. Sew button on pocket and buttonhole on flap.